INTEGRATED SUPPORT TO THE SUSTAINABLE RETURN IN THE REGIONS OF THE MUNICIPALITES GACKO AND KALINOVIK IN THREE PHASES WHICH INCLUDE:
PHASE 1: CONSTRUCTION OF THE HIGH VOLTAGE NETWORK
PHASE 2: CONSTRUCTION OF THE LAW VOLTAGE NETWORK
PHASE 3: RECONSTRUCTION OF THE HOUSES AND ACCOMPANIED TECHNICAL
INFRASTRUCTURE AND SUSTAINABILITY MEASURES FOR THE RETURNEES FROM CANTON SARAJEVO AND FEDERATION B&H AS WELL AS FOR RESIDENTS, VULNARABLE FAMILIES
Municipalities Kalinovik (villages/local communities Krupac, Dubrava, Trnovica, Žurac, Plačikus i Tomišlja) and Gacko (villages/local communities - Jugovići, Kokorina, Mjedenik i Poda)
Activities foreseen in the project:
Construction of HV (high voltage) network in the region of Gacko and Kalínovik municipalities;
Construction of LV (low voltage) network for the families who live in the villages on the HV way;
Reconstruction of houses for the returnees form Canton Sarajevo and Federation B&H and residents;
Reconstruction of accompanied technical infrastructure;
Micro grants for creation of sustainable return through creation of jobs and/or livelihood.
Project purpose: Support to sustainable minority return in the region of municipalities Kalonovik and Gacko as well as to the vulnerable resident families through creation of the basic conditions for return through construction of the HV and LV electro-network, reconstruction of houses and sustainability measures
In accordance to the proposal for the project coordination sent by the Ministry of labor, social policy, refugees and DPs, and on the initiative by the municipality Kalinovik to support the return on the municipality region, Hilfswerk Austria propose the project as follows. For the full realization of the project idea, it is necessary to implement the following activities:
Phase 1: Construction of the High voltage network
Phase 2: Construction of the Law voltage network
Phase 3: Reconstruction of the houses and accompanied technical infrastructure and sustainability measures for the returnees from Canton Sarajevo and Federation B&H as well as for residents, vulnerable families
The key project activity is the construction of the HV electro-network in the municipalities Kalinovik and Gacko what is the precondition for the implementation of other project activities foreseen in the Phase 2 and 3.
1. Construction of the high-voltage (HV) electro-network (20 KV) in the length of approx. 5.500m on the way: start in village Jugovići, municipality Gacko till the final point in the village Krupac in the municipality Kalinovik
2. Construction of the pole transformer-station in the village Krupac, municipality Kalinovik
1. Construction of the the low-voltage (LV) electr-network in the three directions toward the villages Kokorina, Mjedenik, Počinje i Poda in the municipality Gacko and further to the villages Krupac, Dubrava, Trnovica, Žurac, Plačikus i Tomišlja in the municipality Kalinovik
1. Reconstruction of about Obnova 50 houses and other accompanied infrastructure for the returnees from Canton Sarajevo and other regions in the Federation B&H as well as for the vulnerable resident families in the municipalities Kalinovik and Gacko to the regions which gravitate to the new-constructed electro-network from the Phase 1 and 2.
2. Provide minimum 50 micro grants for all beneficiaries families or agriculture inputs (sheep, cows and other livestock, agriculture tools, machines and other) with the aim of supporting the sustainable return of each family.
3. Follow-up of the beneficiaries return process and sharing the information about secondary returnees with the responsible ministries, UNHCR and other bodies in the municipalities from which the beneficiaries are coming (and in which they are returning).
Current activities and the status of the project implementation – PHASE 1
Collecting the financial means needed for the implementation of the Phase 1;
Project documentation for the construction of the HV and LV electro-network on the way Gacko-Kalinovik is already prepared, financed by the municipality Kalinovik
Hilfswerk Austria (HWA) staff have prepared the Memorandum of understanding for all project participants;
HWA staff have agreed the participation and cooperation with the municipalities Kalinovik and Gacko and got the confirmation of the initiation responsibility for solving the ownership-legal relationship by the both municipalities;
HWA has submitted both projects (HV and LV) to the Elektrodistribucija Trebinje for the confirmation of construction the network and approval for the tender documentation (Remark: Elektrodistribucija Trebinje will for the most certain take-over the responsibility for maintenance of the new-built electro-network – this will be agreed between Elektrodistribucije Pale and Trebinje before the project start),
a. Total number of the families, direct beneficiaries in the Phase 1 and 2 – all inhabitants of the villages and returnees in the region of the HV and LV electro-network construction;
b. The total number of families, direct beneficiaries in the Phase 3 – about 50 families (or 175 persons), returnees from the Canton Sarajevo and other regions in the Federation B&H as well as residents in the municipalities of Kalinovik and Gacko who are dependant to the constructed HV and LV electro-network
c. Total number of families – indirect beneficiaries (secondary, tertiary ...) – up to 30 families (or about 105 persons)